Sunday, September 25, 2011

Re Created

This was my inspiration.
I found this little stand at the DI (Desert Industry) a few months back. I was not sure what to do with it since I only had one. I came across this picture on notjustahousewife.blogspot.com. I just loved it!





I had been wanting to make a topiary...so it was just perfect. These are all the materials I used. It was very inexpensive. After I painted the stand yellow I decided to add a rustic look to it. I found some brown paint and lighty painted along the ridges. I quickly wiped it off, giving the stand a glazed look.



Putting the topiary together was really easy. I used hot glue to apply to moss onto a styrofoam ball. Then I found a stick outside and stuck it into the ball and pot. I filed the pot with newspaper and covered the top with the extra moss.

I decided to hang the topiary and stand in our bedroom inbetween the two canvases. I just love the way it turned out. It adds a fun pop to our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment