Sunday, August 21, 2011

ReFinished- Old Piano Bench

My mother in law had this old piano bench, well actually she has this really old piano. When we moved into their basement she did not want to get rid of the piano so I told her it was fine to keep the piano down in our living room.


The bench that went with the piano was so old. My mother in law told me she has had it since they moved into their house over thirty five years ago. She wanted to throw it away...but I quickly jumped on the chance to fix it up.

(before)


The tranformation was real easy. I ripped the pad off and added more fluff. The seat was so wore down! The picked some cute fabric and covered the seat pad by using a staple gun. I decided to stray pain the bench itself. Looking back, I probably should have sanded it first. It all worked out though. I did two coats of yellow spray paint. And then I reattached the pad to the bench with hot glue.

(after)



It looks good as new...even though it is over thirty years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment